April 10, 2017 Visio by DPTPB update notes
- Minor update to DPTPB stencil collection
- Updated all NetApp sample drawings to use V2 style switch and cable shapes
- Additional Rubrik Sample Drawings
- Few bug fixes
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Updated NetApp Sample Drawings + Bug Fixes”
April 1, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection.
- All DPTPB SAN switch and ATTO bridges shapes have been updated, using the same design as recently upgraded 10GbE and 1GbE switches. More info on design changes for switch shapes can be found in my blog post: Visio by DPTPB: Update Notes for All Switch stencils.
- Added Brocade G620 32G FC switch shapes
- Removed some SAN switch shape variants and all 8GB Atto (6500N) shapes to reduce clutter and make shape maintenance easier.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: 16G / 32G SAN Switch & ATTO Bridge shape update (V2)”
April 3, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection.
- All DPTPB NetApp Cluster Interconnect switch shapes have been updated, using the same design as recently upgraded 10GbE and 1GbE switches. More info on design changes for switch shapes can be found in my blog post: Visio by DPTPB: Update Notes for All Switch stencils.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: 10 GbE / 40GbE NetApp Cluster Interconnect switch shapes update (V2)”
March 29, 2017 update notes for DPTPB stencil collection
Since we have now officially sold some Rubrik units it is time to put some effort into documenting Rubrik environments.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Rubrik Stencils”
Got one of our Nutanix demo boxes back from the field a while ago and set it up again in our demo lab.
Our lab network is VLAN segmented and the last time I did similar exercise, I had to set Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) to send tagged frames also for management (CVM/Hypevisor) traffic. Instructions for this can be found from Virtual LANs for your Acropolis Hypervisor Virtual Machines. This includes modifying bridge “br0” on all AHV hosts , one AHV host at time. And setting each Controller Virtual Machine (CVM) to use VLAN tagging.
However in the post above Nutanix recommends CVM and Hypervisor traffic to use “untagged” (or native VLAN).
I was wondering whether you could use native VLAN setting for management traffic by modifying switch configuration and skip making changes to AHV hosts and CVMs. It would be much easier especially if you have many AHV hosts. Just log in to your switch and make changes in one place rather than logging into each and every AHV host / CVM separately.
Continue reading “Nutanix AHV + Brocade using native VLAN per port”
March 15, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection
- Completely rebuilt/redesigned DPTPB Nutanix Visio stencil
- Bye-bye for original Nutanix rear view shapes
- I was never a fan of the original raster image based Nutanix shapes
- So I made my own modular vector image based Nutanix rear view shapes
- All rear view Nutanix DPTPB Visio shapes come now with connection points for easier shape placement
- Separate NIC shapes
- Data is now within top-level shapes
- Like with all new style DPTPB shapes
- Easier to access “Shape Data” window by clicking top-level shape
- Not really a problem with Nutanix shapes, but was a major source of frustration with switch shapes
- Now both Nutanix and Switch shapes behave similarly
- Both front and rear view shapes
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Nutanix stencils (V2)”