Generation 6 (G6) Hardware for NX-1065 and NX-8035
Last week Nutanix published more info on G6 hardware NX-1065-G6 and NX-8035-G6. Support Portal NIC replacement instructions (requires login) contains detailed information on various NIC options and also front and rear view drawings of the new G6 hardware.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Nutanix stencil G6 (Skylake) update, Vol2”
Nutanix seems to have done a soft launch for the next generation G6 hardware. I haven’t seen much marketing around this, but some information is already trickling down. For example HW specifications of G6 platform are already available at Nutanix website.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Nutanix stencil G6 (Skylake) update”
April 24, 2017 Visio by DPTPB release update notes
Finished with updating remaining DPTPB stencils to follow “V2” design, where all data associated with the shape is now within top-level shape and rear view shapes have connection points to match rear view rack shape. Like with previously updated DPTPB stencils, new “Rack”, “NetApp Controller” and “NetApp Disk Shelf” shapes look pretty much the same as the old ones, but under the covers new shapes are using completely new design.
Fun part of learning new stuff and building new shapes is over, now only the more tedious part of documenting the changes remains 🙂 In this post I will cover the changes on high level, more in-depth info in upcoming posts.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: V2 stencils, finally done :)”
March 15, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection
- Completely rebuilt/redesigned DPTPB Nutanix Visio stencil
- Bye-bye for original Nutanix rear view shapes
- I was never a fan of the original raster image based Nutanix shapes
- So I made my own modular vector image based Nutanix rear view shapes
- All rear view Nutanix DPTPB Visio shapes come now with connection points for easier shape placement
- Separate NIC shapes
- Data is now within top-level shapes
- Like with all new style DPTPB shapes
- Easier to access “Shape Data” window by clicking top-level shape
- Not really a problem with Nutanix shapes, but was a major source of frustration with switch shapes
- Now both Nutanix and Switch shapes behave similarly
- Both front and rear view shapes
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Nutanix stencils (V2)”
March 15, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection.
This release is geared more towards ease of use of existing DPTPB Visio stencils rather than releasing many new shapes. There are some visual improvements, especially with Nutanix stencil, no more blurry raster based shapes, I’ve built my own vector-based Nutanix shapes.
It may look like much haven’t changed, but the changes are quite dramatic under the hood. I’ve changed the way DPTPB Visio shapes are used and built, both for easier usage and shape maintenance. This took quite a lot of work, in fact so much work that I don’t simply have enough time on my hands to update all my stencils to new style in one go.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Back to Drawing Board”