Generation 6 (G6) Hardware for NX-1065 and NX-8035
Last week Nutanix published more info on G6 hardware NX-1065-G6 and NX-8035-G6. Support Portal NIC replacement instructions (requires login) contains detailed information on various NIC options and also front and rear view drawings of the new G6 hardware.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Nutanix stencil G6 (Skylake) update, Vol2”
Nutanix seems to have done a soft launch for the next generation G6 hardware. I haven’t seen much marketing around this, but some information is already trickling down. For example HW specifications of G6 platform are already available at Nutanix website.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Nutanix stencil G6 (Skylake) update”
April 3, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection.
- All DPTPB NetApp Cluster Interconnect switch shapes have been updated, using the same design as recently upgraded 10GbE and 1GbE switches. More info on design changes for switch shapes can be found in my blog post: Visio by DPTPB: Update Notes for All Switch stencils.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: 10 GbE / 40GbE NetApp Cluster Interconnect switch shapes update (V2)”
March 15, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection
- Completely rebuilt/redesigned DPTPB Nutanix Visio stencil
- Bye-bye for original Nutanix rear view shapes
- I was never a fan of the original raster image based Nutanix shapes
- So I made my own modular vector image based Nutanix rear view shapes
- All rear view Nutanix DPTPB Visio shapes come now with connection points for easier shape placement
- Separate NIC shapes
- Data is now within top-level shapes
- Like with all new style DPTPB shapes
- Easier to access “Shape Data” window by clicking top-level shape
- Not really a problem with Nutanix shapes, but was a major source of frustration with switch shapes
- Now both Nutanix and Switch shapes behave similarly
- Both front and rear view shapes
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Nutanix stencils (V2)”
Feb 17,2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection, part 1
The first iteration of Nutanix shapes in Visio by DPTPB stencil collection. This has been on my to-do-list for a while and I haven’t put too much effort into it, few reasons for that:
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Nutanix shapes”
Feb 17,2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection, part 2
Front View shapes are in-scale shapes, meant be used with front view rack shapes. Each shape has a label (nodel model number).
Picture: Nutanix NX-3460-G5 DPTPB shape (front view)
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Front View Nutanix Shapes”