Nutanix has released a new version of their official Visio stencil set for current G6 generation hardware at visiocafe.com
In the past I’ve been quite vocal about the lack of quality with Nutanix Visio stencils. So how does their latest stencil set look like?
Stellar, please read on 🙂
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Official Nutanix G6 Visio Stencils”
UPDATE: There is much better way of doing this, by using Windows Enhanced Metafile instead of Scalable Vector Graphics.
When making my custom Nutanix stencil package I ran into problems with shape sizes. Larger shape sizes increase the time to pull the shape from stencil to drawing. The more complex shape (with multiple sub-shapes) you have the larger it will be. Some of my original Nutanix shapes became so large that it took few minutes to pull shape into a drawing.
Continue reading “Reducing size of complex Visio shapes”
April 24, 2017 Visio by DPTPB release update notes
Finished with updating remaining DPTPB stencils to follow “V2” design, where all data associated with the shape is now within top-level shape and rear view shapes have connection points to match rear view rack shape. Like with previously updated DPTPB stencils, new “Rack”, “NetApp Controller” and “NetApp Disk Shelf” shapes look pretty much the same as the old ones, but under the covers new shapes are using completely new design.
Fun part of learning new stuff and building new shapes is over, now only the more tedious part of documenting the changes remains 🙂 In this post I will cover the changes on high level, more in-depth info in upcoming posts.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: V2 stencils, finally done :)”
April 10, 2017 Visio by DPTPB update notes
- Minor update to DPTPB stencil collection
- Updated all NetApp sample drawings to use V2 style switch and cable shapes
- Additional Rubrik Sample Drawings
- Few bug fixes
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Updated NetApp Sample Drawings + Bug Fixes”
April 1, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection.
- All DPTPB SAN switch and ATTO bridges shapes have been updated, using the same design as recently upgraded 10GbE and 1GbE switches. More info on design changes for switch shapes can be found in my blog post: Visio by DPTPB: Update Notes for All Switch stencils.
- Added Brocade G620 32G FC switch shapes
- Removed some SAN switch shape variants and all 8GB Atto (6500N) shapes to reduce clutter and make shape maintenance easier.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: 16G / 32G SAN Switch & ATTO Bridge shape update (V2)”
April 3, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection.
- All DPTPB NetApp Cluster Interconnect switch shapes have been updated, using the same design as recently upgraded 10GbE and 1GbE switches. More info on design changes for switch shapes can be found in my blog post: Visio by DPTPB: Update Notes for All Switch stencils.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: 10 GbE / 40GbE NetApp Cluster Interconnect switch shapes update (V2)”
March 29, 2017 update notes for DPTPB stencil collection
Since we have now officially sold some Rubrik units it is time to put some effort into documenting Rubrik environments.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Rubrik Stencils”