Nutanix is refreshing their appliances to G7 generation hardware which will eventually replace G6 generation hardware. Transition is done in phases, first platforms to get G7 refresh are already released multi-node models NX-1065-G7, NX-3060-G7 and NX-8035-G7, followed by single-node models NX-3155G-G7, NX-8155-G7. Additionally single node NX-8150-G7 reappears in the model lineup.
The fate of remaining G6 platforms NX-1175S-G6, NX-3170-G6 and NX-5155-G6 has not been released yet. I would expect them to be updated in some form or other, but you never know until they are released, some might be dropped or altered. If these models are crucial to your future Nutanix projects, please check the availability and specifications for G7 variants from your local Nutanix Rep.
The official Nutanix stencils will be updated following new hardware releases. The latest stencil package can be found from Visiocafe. The initial update will include new NX-1065-G7, NX-3060-G7 and NX-8035-G7 shapes, more shapes will be released as time goes on. This stencil release also includes fixes for some scaling issues, namely using Nutanix shapes with Viso “No Scale” page settings or Visio “Blank drawing” templates.
Continue reading “Visio by DBPTB: Official Nutanix G7 Visio Stencil”
Nutanix has released a new version of their official Visio stencil set for current G6 generation hardware at visiocafe.com
In the past I’ve been quite vocal about the lack of quality with Nutanix Visio stencils. So how does their latest stencil set look like?
Stellar, please read on 🙂
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Official Nutanix G6 Visio Stencils”
April 24, 2017 Visio by DPTPB release update notes
Finished with updating remaining DPTPB stencils to follow “V2” design, where all data associated with the shape is now within top-level shape and rear view shapes have connection points to match rear view rack shape. Like with previously updated DPTPB stencils, new “Rack”, “NetApp Controller” and “NetApp Disk Shelf” shapes look pretty much the same as the old ones, but under the covers new shapes are using completely new design.
Fun part of learning new stuff and building new shapes is over, now only the more tedious part of documenting the changes remains 🙂 In this post I will cover the changes on high level, more in-depth info in upcoming posts.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: V2 stencils, finally done :)”
April 10, 2017 Visio by DPTPB update notes
- Minor update to DPTPB stencil collection
- Updated all NetApp sample drawings to use V2 style switch and cable shapes
- Additional Rubrik Sample Drawings
- Few bug fixes
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Updated NetApp Sample Drawings + Bug Fixes”
April 1, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection.
- All DPTPB SAN switch and ATTO bridges shapes have been updated, using the same design as recently upgraded 10GbE and 1GbE switches. More info on design changes for switch shapes can be found in my blog post: Visio by DPTPB: Update Notes for All Switch stencils.
- Added Brocade G620 32G FC switch shapes
- Removed some SAN switch shape variants and all 8GB Atto (6500N) shapes to reduce clutter and make shape maintenance easier.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: 16G / 32G SAN Switch & ATTO Bridge shape update (V2)”
April 3, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection.
- All DPTPB NetApp Cluster Interconnect switch shapes have been updated, using the same design as recently upgraded 10GbE and 1GbE switches. More info on design changes for switch shapes can be found in my blog post: Visio by DPTPB: Update Notes for All Switch stencils.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: 10 GbE / 40GbE NetApp Cluster Interconnect switch shapes update (V2)”
March 29, 2017 update notes for DPTPB stencil collection
Since we have now officially sold some Rubrik units it is time to put some effort into documenting Rubrik environments.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: Rubrik Stencils”